Friday, February 27, 2009

Trying to Figure it All Out

I know it's been a couple of months since I updated my blog. I've had three openings, one fair in LA (Photo LA), and one car wreck (the only one hurt was my six week old Jeep), which have slowed me down, but the biggest reason for the delay is that I'm thinking long and hard about what this blog should contain.

I know it could just be informative: when we have new artists or books, but that is what the gallery's mailing list (www.johnclearygallery.com then click "Join Our Mailing List") and the Facebook group (www.facebook.com search John Cleary Gallery then click Join Group) accomplish. I could send out photographs of the exhibitions and openings, but that's what the Flick'r account (http://www.flickr.com/photos/clearygallery/) does. I'm currently linking interesting articles about photography and the art market on Twitter ( http://twitter.com/clearygallery), so where does that leave my blog?

Here's what I think I'm going to do. I'm going to take suggestions. As my social marketing skills (and I, at least for a couple more years!) are young, let me know what you'd hope this blog to contain. And while you're at it, tell me what you like on Twitter. Personally, I prefer reading blogs and tweets that are personal and not just a looser version of a press release, but you tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment